Thursday 31 March 2011

My stash from the NEC

A week ago today I flew to England for the weekend to see family and go to the NEC Hobbycrafts fair in Birmingham. Luckily for me my mum and sister only live 20-25 mins away from the NEC and so my sister and I were standing in line when the doors opened at 9.30 am! I was really excited! I'd made my list of things that I wanted to get and was hoping to get everything on that list - sadly I wasn't that successful. I did, however, manage to get a lot! :)
The times I've been to the NEC Hobbycrafts before have been on a Saturday and I am so glad we chose a Friday this time! So much better and not as many crowds. You could actually get into the booths without either been stood on or squashed. We were there for a total of 6 hours and it flew by!

I took my camera with me but totally forgot to take any pictures at the fair. I got so involved in looking at the goodies that it didn't even come into my mind to take pictures until after and then I kicked myself!

Bev Rochester served us at Lili of the Valley stand. I was really happy it was Bev as she'd kept some stamps by for me incase they sold out straight away. I got the very last Postcard stamp - lucky me (Thanks Bev)!


When I look at the goodies I bought on the table like this, it doesn't look like a lot, especially as I know how much it all cost! It definitely felt like I was carrying more! My birthday money sure came in handy though ;)
I was disappointed that there weren't that many 6x6 paper pads. There was one I liked but forgot to go back and buy it - silly me! I'll have to look online for the paper pads and for the things I couldn't get.

Now I've got to get around to playing with it all!

Unluckily for me, I got home on Sunday night and by Monday evening I was feeling terrible. I'd caught a tummy bug and couldn't keep anything down. It's Thursday and I'm now starting to feel normal again but I've just got off the phone to my DH and he is now feeling queezy - great eh?!

The only thing I've done this week is stamp up and colour "Honey Tilda"  and I hope to finish up her card sometime this weekend - isn't she a darling?



Hopefully see you all again here soon!

Hugs,
Becca

1 comment :

  1. Wow,
    Had to enlarge your picture to see all your stamping goodness! Lol I love how you've colored the bee Tilda with grey and yellow and not black and yellow. Looks great!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments; they are very much appreciated.