Tuesday 28 May 2013

DIY Tile Coasters


I was looking on Pinterest one day and came across some coasters made from small bathroom tiles and thought to myself, "I can do that! They look easy enough!"
So I went shopping to get all the things I need to make these cute coasters.



 I already had enough scrapbook and card making paper that all I had to buy was the decoupage glue (you can't get Mod Podge here), the bathroom tiles (which I got a local tile dealer) and the felt for the bottom of the coasters. I got a box of 99 tiles (10x10cm) for CHF10.80 (about $10, £7.00).




I "painted" the tiles with the glue three times leaving them to dry for 20 minutes between each layer and then sprayed with a sealer to finish. 


All that was left to do after letting them dry for 24 hours was to stack them and tie with a ribbon.
What a quick, easy and cheap gift for friends or family.

Why don't you have a go at making these. You won't regret it.

Hugs,
Becca

1 comment :

  1. I assume they are moisture proof, but are they heat resistant? I thinking of hot mugs being placed on them, or being used as a trivet for hot bowls.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments; they are very much appreciated.