Thursday, 25 November 2010

Blue Christmas

I was blog-hopping (as one does) and saw a challenge on the 7 Kids College Fund blog  to make a Christmas card in non-traditional Christmas colours. This peaked my interest and away I went to look at my stash. I wanted to use my new Magnolia stamp - Tilda with gifts - and tried a few different colours before I came up with BLUE. I know blue is a winter colour but it's still not traditional as red and green.
So here she is:



Materials:
Stamp: Magnolia Tilda with gifts
Die cuts: Nestabilities Label #8 / Classic scallop circles large
Paper: Dovecraft 6x6 Winter Wonderland
Sentiment: Fiskars Winter Wonderland clear stamps
Ribbon: Knorr prandel sky blue
Inks and paints: Tilda - Copic markers / edges of card - walnut stain distress ink
Snowflake punch, paper doily and rhinestones

I think she is so cute. I'm so glad I bought this stamp, it's so versatile - wedding, birthday, Christmas - it goes for them all. I hope you enjoy my card and thanks for stopping by.

Happy Thanksgiving to those of you in the US!

Hugs all,
Becca

p.s I am entering this into: 

Non-Traditional Christmas challenge  over at 7 Kids College Fund blog 
Let it snow! over at Simon Says Stamp challenge blog

7 comments :

  1. Very cute, Becca! You did a great job coloring cute little Tilda holding all those packages. And I love the design of your card.
    (Welcome to our Magnolia-licious Yahoo group.)
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becca!
    I love the blue you have used on your card.
    Cute Christmas tree too. Your coloring looks great. I too welcome you to Magnolia-Licious Yahoo group.
    Hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is fabulous and so cute.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card. Love all the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so charming! Very very nice. Welcome to the club!!! Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes -- cute card and I totally agree - "let it snow!"
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments; they are very much appreciated.