Saturday 27 November 2010

Merry Tilda

What do you do when a blog challenge comes from a photo with these colours? Not easy, eh?



Well this is what I came up with: Tilda with gifts on blue and purple with silver peel-offs (gold just didn't match with the card).


I know she is not perfect, but I'm still learning and will hopefully improve with time and practice (I find the hair and face sooo difficult!)

Materials:
Papers: HOPT Cardmaker's Christmas creative pack (blue) / Bazzill cardstock (purple)
Die cuts: Nestabilities Labels #8
Stamp: Tilda with gifts
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black
Tilda: Distress Inks - blue jeans, old paper, milled lavendar, dusty concord, tattered rose, victorian velvet, black soot, peeled paint, shabby shutters and walnut stain
Organza ribbon: Knorr prandell - lilac
Silver peel-offs
Snowflake punch and clear rhinestones


Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear your comments.

Hugs,
Becca

7 comments :

  1. this is a beautiful card and i think you have done the image great,i think when you do stuff yourself its hard to see how great they look xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becca...please don't be so hard on yourself, sweetie. Your card is really, really pretty!! I love your soft colors...and I think you did a beautiful job with your shading...and I think your skin coloring is great!! Thanks so much for joining us in our very first inspiration challenge at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog!! Hugs...Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done a fantastic job with the colors in our challenge! This is such a lovely card! Beautiful layout and I love those pretty corners. Fabulous coloring on Tilda! Thanks so much for joining us at the Magnolia-licious Challenge blog. hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Becca - whose card is perfect anyway! It takes me days to make a card and oh well - I will get there sometime. I think your card is as cute as it can be - this challenge blog is for fun and so let's have had it!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blues and purples are great for the inspiration picture. Thanks for playing along with Magnolia-licious Challenge. LindaC

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have done a great job on the challenge. The silver is as shiny as the gold and gives the same wonderful feeling. I love the soft blue and purple on your card. Those corners are beautiful. Tilda is so pretty - I still find hair is hard to colour. I think you have done a great job of it and her face and the rest of her as well :o)
    Thank you very much for joining us in our Magnolia-licious Challenge blog.
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. A delightful creation and sweet image for a Christmad card. Thanks so much for joining us at Magnolia-licious Inspiration Challenge and hope to see you joining us again for more :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments; they are very much appreciated.