Sunday 28 November 2010

Lilac sympathies

Yes, another post from me! Two in one day - don't go into shock now! LOL!

On a sad note - a friend of ours died on Friday after a painful battle of cancer and although we are sad at her going, we are glad that she could finally go as she was in so much pain. Our thoughts and prayers are with her husband and her seven children.
I made this card for her husband and I still have to make one for the daughter who I am close to. I decided to copy one of my previous designs (see it here) and just modified it a little. Why re-invent the wheel when it works!




I clear embossed the HA Designblock Silhouette stamp onto a white card and wet distressed with perfect pearls using shabby shutters, peeled paint, milled lavendar and dusty concord. I then used the applicator with the same colours to fill in the gaps and the edges. The sentiment  from the HA CL342 Everyday Sayings was stamped with chestnut roan Colorbox chalk ink and distressed with milled lavendar ink. I used lilac and brown ribbon from Knorr Prandell and 5 lilac rhinestones. The butterfly is digital and is coloured with shabby shutters.

I love the effect the clear embossing and distress inks have on this stamp; I now have to try it out with different colours.

Thanks for stopping by. I would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

Hugs all,
Becca

2 comments :

  1. It's beautiful, Rebecca. I think the family will really appreciate such a personalized gift. How did you do the white flowers? It just looks so professional! :) Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card for such a sad occasion. It is sure to give some comfort.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments; they are very much appreciated.