Friday 11 June 2010

Copy cat

Hi there!

I've never copied a card before but today I did! On Jennifer McGuire's blog I saw this card and I knew that I needed that stamp. So when I finally got the stamp, I knew that the first card I was going to make with it was going to be Jennifer's card - it was as simple as that! :)


I embossed the stamped image with white embossing powder and then coloured in the card with broken china and wild honey distress inks. I then spritzed it with perfect pearl mist to make it shine. You can see the shine on the bottom photo better. I coloured the butterfly with shabby shutters and spritzed that as well. The sentiment is from Stampendous "Happy Messages" and the orange paper at the bottom was cut from the top of the distressed paper before I tore it.




Thanks for looking and hope you have a lovely weekend.

Hugs,
Becca

2 comments :

  1. Gorgeous! Are you applying the ink directly to the paper or on the stamp? I'm new to distress inks but I absolutely love the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another gorgeous one! Love these colors! This card has sold me on wild honey :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments; they are very much appreciated.