Thursday 10 June 2010

Sweetness without the calories!

Everyday I'm using something new from my haul from Simon Says Stamps and today I'm using the "Happy Birthday Cupcakes" stamp from Hero Arts. I didn't know whether I should buy the large cupcake stamp or the two smaller ones but decided to get the smaller ones as the pack also included a cute sentiment stamp .






The background paper is from the pack that I've been using the most this week - Déjà Views "Fresh Print Apple". Once I'd stamped and coloured in the cupcake with Copic markers, I decided I wanted to use a paper from the Basic Grey Blush collection (the one with the flowers) but realised quickly that I didn't have anything that coordinated with it. What to do? After about 5 minutes I decided to create something myself. I ran a piece of white cardstock through the Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots embossing folder and then used Distress Inks victorian velvet and tea dye to get the colours and look I wanted.
The scalloped square was cut using the Cricut Storybook cartridge and the sentiment is from Papermania's "Sentiments" Clear Stamps set . Both have been distress inked with victorian velvet .
The top of the cupcake and the sentiment have both been given some dimension with pop dots.

I hope you enjoy and thanks for looking!

Hugs,
Becca

p.s tomorrow I'm going to try and do something with this

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments; they are very much appreciated.