Tuesday 15 June 2010

Sympathy

I've never made a sympathy card before, I've always gone out and bought them. But this card had to be a bit more special, as it was for my sister-in-law's father who had just lost his wife to cancer this week. I've known my sister-in-law's parents since I was 5 years old, so they feel like extended family to me.

So I put my thinking cap on and went to work and came up with this simple, but hopefully elegant card:


I cut out the frames from the Cricut Storybook cartridge, used HOTP Vintage paper pad and added dimension with foam dots.The stamp I used was the Hero Arts "Silhouette" stamped lightly with Chestnut Roan chalk ink to make it look soft. All the edges were distressed with Walnut Stain and the sentiment is from Melissa Frances "Simply Said" stamp set.


Update: I felt it wasn't finished so I added three small pearls to the stamped flower image. Here's a view of the finished card from the side:


My thoughts and  prayers are with the Hall family.

Hugs,
Becca

1 comment :

  1. I'm so sorry for the loss in your family. This is a beautiful and elegant card, I'm sure that he will be touched in receiving it.

    And wow, is that stamp versatile!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments; they are very much appreciated.